Using Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds, the City of Amarillo can provide a grant to eligible low income homeowners to repair hazardous or life threatening conditions in their home.
Known as the Emergency Repair Grant our main purpose is assist families in making emergency repairs to conditions that threaten the health and safety of the occupants.
The maximum assistance is $8,000 in a 12-month period.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________Eligible requests for Emergency Repair assistance:
- Heating (Seasonal)
- Sewer Lines
- Minor Accessibility Needs
- Air Conditioning (Seasonal & Existing Only)
- Roofing Repairs
Requirements to be eligible:
- You must reside within the city limits.
- You must own or be buying your home; residence must be occupied by the owner/applicant.
- You must meet the minimal income limits listed within the CDBG guidelines.
- Proof of Ownership is required in the form of a RECORDED legal document.
- You must provide verification of all bank accounts in the form of bank statements.
- The City of Amarillo will verify your income.
- This is a grant program and is not required to be repaid.
- You must not owe any debts to the City of Amarillo.
You can download the Emergency Repair Grant application HERE
If you have more than one resident in the household you may download additional Citizenship forms HERE
Simply fill out and return with required information listed above to the following:
- You may drop off at our office at 808 S. Buchanan St. Amarillo,TX 79101
- Mail at P.O. Box 1971 Amarillo, TX 79105-1971
- Fax at 1-806-378-9389 with ATTN TO: ERG
For more information please contact:
City of Amarillo
Community Development Department